TECHNICAL DATA Glassprimer™ | 2 part Glass Etching Paint system
GPPP083 / GPUC083
• GPPP083 is recommended for interior and exterior use on properly cleaned glass surfaces.
• GPPP083 provides great performance properties, such as film hardness and exterior durability.
• GPPP083 is semi/gloss.
• GPPP083 has a high gloss finish once backpainted on glass.
• GPPP083 Glass Etching Paint has a translucent frosted finish (same finish as sandblasted etched glass)
• Long term UV light exposure studies confirm GPPP083 is significantly better than that of most exterior paints.
WATER RESISTANCE: Excellent
HEAT RESISTANCE: 350 °F
• GPPP083 is formulated to create a permanent bond to glass. GPPP083 actively modifies glass surface molecular structure to form a permanent paint/glass bond.
- • Gasoline/Excellent
- • Oil/Excellent
- • Isopropyl alcohol/Excellent
- • 10% Sulfuric Acid/Excellent
- • 10% Ammonia/Excellent
- • 10% Hydrochloric Acid/Excellent
- • 10% Sodium Hydroxide/Excellent
- • 500 Hours Salt Spray/Very Good
- • Xylene/Good
- • Water Resistant, not recommended for immersion.
• Stir GPPP083 thoroughly before being used.
• Mix 7 parts component A (GPPP083) to 1 part component B (GPUC083) (7:1 Ratio). Agitate thoroughly and allow it to digest 5 minutes before using.
POT LIFE: 75°F 2-3 hours depending on temperatures and humidity.
• 1 light coat.
Mohair blend 3/16″ nap mini paint roller (6″ wide roller works well).
- • 1 mil wet at 75°F and 50% relative humidity.
- • To Touch: 30 minutes-1 hour
- • To Handle: 2-3 hours
- • Dry: 48 hours
- • Recoat: 5-10 minutes
- • These conditions do not mean that paint has reached full cure. It is a stage where handling can be achieved without loosening, wrinkling or otherwise marring the paint under minimal pressure from fingers or hands. Drying time listed may vary, depending on film build, color selection, temperature, humidity and degree of air movement.
- • Paint is not fully cured for 15 days relative to the above conditions.
- • Application of film thickness in excess of that recommended for this product will extend dry time.
RECOMMENDED SPREADING RATE:
•Approximately 1000sq feet (90.5 m2) at 1.0 mil (1 light coat) per U.S. gallon.
• GPPP083 can be removed from glass once dry up to 1 month after application. Apply polyurethane paint stripper to entire painted area, let stand for 15 minutes. Wash off with water. Repeat if necessary. (this will not damage glass)
• Apply only when air, product or glass surface temperature is above 50°F and below 300°F. Apply only when glass surface temperature is at least 5°F above the dew point.
• Glassprimer™ GPPP083 VOC (volatile organic compounds) must meet the local, state or federal regulations for your coating application and environment. If you or your company is subject to a local, state or federal rule that regulates these compounds, you are obligated to purchase coatings that meet those regulatory limits. The limits can vary depending on the state in which the regulation is written, what the coating is used for, what application is used to apply the coating, and the environment the coating is being applied or used in. If you are not subject to any regulation that covers coating products then you are free to use any coating product.